My biggest programming challenge. Self-modifying code that can mutate itself and other programs. Check my article Metamorphic Engines for better understanding of self-evolving code.
The aim of the project is to create a clean & well-tested engine that evolves assembly codes through random metamorphic mutations.
This project has been my biggest programming challenge. I’ve learnt a lot:
- C++ deeper than I’ve never expected
- x86 assembly set, written different tools
- studied many viruses, genetic programming, evolutionary algorithms, obfuscation techniques and OS memory/file systems
And probably most importantly I’ve learnt how to tackle with very complex systems & build them clean.
- Metamorphic Engines
- What is self-modifying code and what are metamorphic engines?
- Jun 6, 2017
- Metamorphic Literature
- Resources to delve deeper into metamorphism.
- Jun 17, 2017
- tro.cohol is the father of this project that has given birth to this.